Monday, December 17, 2012

Art as an expression of our grief and sadness.




http://climbingthedigitalmountain.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/remembering-children-december-14-2012.html

My blogging friend Geniem  posted art that she drew. Like everyone she is touched by the seneslessness of it all. What is more wonderful is she
 remembers that I as a bereaved mum "can truly comprehend the grief these parents feel."


Remembering the Children ~ December 14, 2012

On April 19, 1995, Timothy McVeigh bombed the Murah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and damaged or destroyed 324 other buildings. Of the 168 people killed, 19 were children. Today we lost 20 children and 6 adults in a senseless killing spree at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. After the Oklahoma City killings I did a series of cards entitled "Remembering the Children." Tonight I went upstairs and searched out that series of little watercolors, and I am posting them for our Skywatch Friday. As you can see, my little drawings depicted the children as angels floating up through the blue sky to Heaven. My artwork is terribly primitive, but it came from the heart in 1995, and it once again comes from the heart on December 14, 2012...a heart that is weeping once again.



http://www.foreverinmyheartexhibition.com/134494015

Bereaved parents are holding an art exhibition at the Peacock Art Gallery, Upton Country Park, Poole from the 31 January to 4 February 2013 in memory of our babies that we have lost.


Artwork created in memory of our babies we have lost and to express our grief and sadness. Wish you were here, my baby.

The first two pieces where done by my older daughter aged 4 + plus, she understood that her baby brother was dying.  In the first picture, she drew him floating as an angel with wings. The yellow is the cover of my book.

You are invited to send in your artwork so that it can be part of our online gallery in memory of your baby.  Please e-mail artwork to foreverinmyheartexhibition@yahoo.co.uk.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete