Saturday, March 8, 2014

Plunket, Mt Albert Baptist Church and me.



Nau mai, haere mai. Welcome to Plunket.
We are New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under 5. Plunket works together with families and communities, to ensure the best start for every child. Whānau āwhina - caring for families.
My church, Mt Albert Baptist Church had been hosting Christmas at Rocket park. Plunket was our beneficiary. Today, they came to thank us.
This week, it was Plunket collection day. I took their photo and told them I was once a plunket mum.
30 years ago, I was a young mother with no immediate family in New Zealand. I was a beneficiary of Plunket.
25 years ago, when I was expecting Andrew, and after he died, Plunket was there to help me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment