Sunday, November 16, 2014

My friend Margareth Ang and her birds








Social media aka Facebook is an amazing thing. Margareth Ang was my facebook friend who became my friend in real life. She especially came to the restaurant in Kuching when I went back to Sarawak to launch my books.

She posted these two photos and gave me her permission to share it on Facebook and on this blog post. I told her why.

Your photos remind me of a personal story. Before I blog, I tell you. We were married 5 years before we had children, because my husband was doing his PhD. He was a professional student for 10 years. Towards the end, my daughter was born. He used the analogy of my daughter was like a little nestling with her mouth open. exactly like your nestlings. He forced himself to work hard and complete his thesis.

Thanks for the photo and nice reminder of an old story. My daughter will turn 30 in 3 weeks.

While there was so much joy when my daughter was born, I see the mother bird  feeding  the nestlings and sometimes the nestlings die. The mother  bird becomes bereaved.  On Saturday, November 22th is the 25th anniversary of my 3rd baby, Andrew. I too, becomes a mum with an empty nest.

http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/



http://rubytuesdaytoo.blogspot.co.nz/

3 comments:

  1. Lovely bird shots - and how nice to find a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of the mother feeding her young. Such a great metaphor on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and loving bird photos and loving post also ~ xoxoxo

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete