Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Support Brendon in the Auckland Half Marathon with the Bowel Cancer NZ team



https://aucklandmarathon2016.everydayhero.com/nz/support-brendon-in-the-auckland-half-marathon-with-the-bowel



Support Brendon in the Auckland Half Marathon with the Bowel Cancer NZ team
Support Brendon in the Auckland Half Marathon with the Bowel Cancer NZ team
$1,295still needed
$205 given
$1,500 my goal

My Story

I’d been thinking of running the Auckland Half Marathon for some years, but it always sounded like too much hard work! But I was reminded that in life, there are no promises to escape the struggles and the need to persevere through tough stuff.
Some of you know that my cousin Jared lost a long and courageous battle with Bowel Cancer in 2014, and it was tough seeing the impact of this ghastly disease on him, his family and friends. But Jared was also an inspiration to me. He showed real loyalty to his close supporters, and with grit determination, he looked beyond himself to help others, continuing to work as a doctor (while having chemotherapy), and advocating for causes like Bowel Cancer NZ.
So my brother Shane and I are doing the 2016 Auckland half marathon together and all proceeds go to support Bowel Cancer NZ.
Please donate toward our run, which will enable Bowel Cancer NZ to raise awareness, educate and support other New Zealanders in need.
Also share this campaign with your friends – lets see if we can raise well over the target.
Thanks for supporting me!

Dr Jared Noel  came to my church and spoke. He left behind two bereaved mothers, a wife and a mother.


It is with deep sadness that we farewell Dr Jared Noel who passed away in October 2014 at only 33 years of age after a long battle with bowel cancer. Rest in Peace Jared.
http://tvnz.co.nz/20-20-news/living-dying-video-5186876
http://jarednoel.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment